What To Do In The Event Of a Claim
Here are some of the steps to take if you need to make a claim. Please notify your insurance company or insurance agent as soon as possible.
- Take photographs, if possible
- Look for potential safety risks. If the building is unstable, do not enter
- Report downed power lines or gas leaks to authorities as soon as possible
- Make emergency repairs to your building to minimize your damages when safe
- Protect property from further damage
- Keep samples or damaged items when able for the claims adjustor
- Keep an accurate record of any repair expenditures
Preserve Your Property After You Have a Claim
Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm, our full-time claim department is available to assists our clients with the reporting and adjustment of claims.
Fire and Smoke
- Limit walking around your home to prevent soot particles from becoming embedded into the carpeting and upholstery.
- Put down towels on carpet traffic areas and upholstery.
- Change the HVAC filter.
Water Damage from Contaminated Water
- Contact a plumber to rectify the situation. Save damaged pipes.
- Avoid contact with sewage and any items in the sewage.
- Wash hands after contact with any contaminated surface or items.
Water Damage from Clean Water
- Shut off the water to stop the water source.
- Contact a plumber to rectify the situation. Save damaged pipes or hoses.
- Turn off circuit breakers to the affected areas of the building.
- Ceiling buldging? Put a bucket under it and poke a small hole with a nail to drain it.
- Mop or blot up the excess water.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove and prop up wet cushions.
- Remove lamps and wipe excess water from wood furniture.
- If furniture skirting is touching damp floors, use wooden clothes pins to pin it up.
Theft or Break In
- Call the police and report the incident. .
- Take steps to secure your property by making emergency repairs.
- Make a list of stolen items and gather receipts or credit card bills.